1. Participation in the Beat Saber tournament constitutes the Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Terms & Conditions (including any variations to the same made by Adventuria Sdn. Bhd. without any requirement of notice).
2. The Beat Saber tournament runs from 29th February 2020 at 10am to 29th February 2020, 6pm based on the Organizer’s server’s system time.
3. This contest is open to all citizens residing in Malaysia.
4. Employees of Adventuria Sdn. Bhd., affiliates, subsidiaries, related agencies and suppliers are ineligible to enter.
5. How to participate: Sign up for the tournament via Google Forms and play through the brackets to secure top 3 on the leader boards to be eligible for their respective prizes.
6. Winning prizes: The top 3 prizes are as follows. First place: RM1000 + The Rift Tournament Series medal + mock cheque. Second place: RM500 + The Rift Tournament Series medal + mock cheque. Third place: RM300 + The Rift Tournament Series medal + mock cheque.
7. Redeeming prizes: The prizes (medal and mock cheque) will be awarded to the winners at The Rift at Mid Valley Megamall during the prize giving ceremony. The cash prize will be banked into the bank account provided by the winners. Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash or any other prizes.
8. The Rift and Adventuria Sdn. Bhd. is not responsible for and shall not be liable to any late, lost, or misdirected notification, or for the winners’ unsuccessful efforts to accept or claim any Prize.
9. The Rift and Adventuria Sdn. Bhd. reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of a similar value at any time without prior notice.
10. The Rift and Adventuria Sdn. Bhd. reserves the right to reject any contest entries that are incorrect, incomplete, suspicious, or invalid. Entrants agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption to the Tournament and/or prevent others from entering the Tournament.
11. The Rift and it’s respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, directors, officers, agents, independent contractors, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisers, are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) any technical errors, whether due to inaccessibility of internet network disruption, network congestion, malicious virus attacks, unauthorized data hacking, data corruption, and server hardware failure or otherwise; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, internet, server or computer malfunctions, failures, interruptions, miscommunications, or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electrical, including, without limitation, the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information online; (iii) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete, illegible or unintelligible emails; (iv) failed, incomplete, lost, garbled, jumbled, interrupted, unavailable or delayed computer transmissions; (v) any condition caused by events beyond the control of The Rift and Adventuria Sdn. Bhd. that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (vi) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the Prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (vii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
12. By participating in the Tournament, each entrant agrees to release and hold The Rift and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisers, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, or travel to or from any Prize-related activity, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
13. Data Protection:
· By participating, Participants grant the Organizer and its affiliates the permission to use his/her name, photograph or image for future advertising and publicity purposes in connection with the Contest in any and all media without additional compensation, notification, or permission.
· By participating in the Contest, the Organizer agrees to only collect it, use it on the Facebook page and the Website and protect it as set out below. This section also outlines the Participants’ rights regarding data protection, and tells the Participant how to contact the Organizer.
· At times the Organizer may retain third parties to process the Participant’s personal details. All such third parties are contractually obliged not to use the
Participant’s rights include:-
· A right to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal detail at any time by contacting us via Private Message on The Rift’s Facebook page and providing us with the Participant’s name and email address so that we can remove it
· A right to obtain a copy of the personal data which we hold about you [we deserve the right to charge a small fee for the exercise of this right]
· A right to have incorrect personal data we hold about you corrected
If the Participants wish to raise any data protection issue with the Organizer, or exercise any of their legal rights, please contact the Organizer via Private Message on The Rift’s Facebook page.
1. The Organizer take reasonable precautions to keep the Participant’s personal data secure, and require third party data processors to do the same. Please note, however, that the Organizer may release the Participant’s personal data if required to do so by law, or by search warrant, subpoena, or court order.
2. Personal data of a data subject may be disclosed by a data user for any purpose other than the purpose for which the personal data was to be disclosed at the time of its collection or any other purpose directly related to that purpose, only under the following circumstances:
· The data subject has given his/her consent to the disclosure
· Is necessary for the purpose of preventing or detecting a crime, or
· For the purpose of investigations
· Was required or authorized by or under any law by the order of a court
Rights of the Organizer
1. The Rift and Adventuria Sdn. Bhd. and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, and advertising/promotion agencies make no warranties, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use or enjoyment of any of the Prize, including, without limiation, their quality, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose.
By entering, winners agree to grant The Rift and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, directors, officers, agents, independent contractors and advertising/promotion agencies the use of his/her name, details submitted through the Contest website, likeness, biographical data and statements for any purposes, including, without limitation, advertising, trade, or promotion, in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. If the winner cannot be contacted, the registration is ineligible, fails to claim a Prize, or fails to timely return the completed and executed declaration and releases as required, the Prize maybe forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Refusal or return of the winner notification as undelivered will also result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected.
1. Judges’ decision is final. No further correspondence or appeal will be entertained.
2. Appeals to check the status of entries will not be entertained.
3. In case of any dispute, Adventuria Sdn. Bhd. reserves the right to make the final decision.
4. Adventuria Sdn. Bhd. reserves the right to use any material received during the contest (including participant’s name, photographs, answers, etc.) for advertising, marketing, and communication purposes.
5. By entering this contest, all participants fully and unconditionally agree to and accept the Terms & Conditions, and the decisions of the sponsors, which are final and binding.